About Me

My photo
Showing how marriage can be a beautiful thing. Rough times will occur but this is how you get through those moments!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Encouragement

encouragement_584.jpg  Encouragement, todays topic!! I'm speaking from a wife and how we need to be our husbands encouragement. Our husband, the king of our homes, go through so much physically, mentally and spiritually, that they need to be lifted through the word of God by their helpmate. When I see my husband get down, or stressed by everyday life, I get upset and grieved, like I want to just take all his problems from him. But in reality I can't and spiritually I shouldn't. These struggles our husbands go through are great strengths for them in their walk. We as wife have to be the ones praying for our spouses, finding scriptures that will uplift them and guide them through the struggle. One of the stories in the bible really encouraged me, and gave me a way to encourage my husband. The story of Elijah when a whole army was coming towards him, and it was just him and his servant. His servant was scared by what he was seeing, so Elijah prayed and asked God to open his servants eyes. God did, and his servant saw angels all around them. Many more angels, then the army coming towards them. Then he was at peace. That is how we should be. Stop seeing in the physical and see the army of angels camped around us, the blood of Jesus poured on us, the Holy Ghost in us. We as wives have to remind our husbands during their time of discouragement. They are going to be judged harsher than we woman, because God put them as the head. Ladies, when we are needed to be an encouragement, put your feelings aside and help your man. Nagging, wanting more, and complaining only make things worse for your husband.

As an exercise, I encourage you that next time your hubby or soon to be hubby gets discourage, instead of asking what's wrong, go pray what you should do. Ask God for words to say to him. Then ask him if their is anything in specific you can pray for him for. Then dive into your word of God, and be lead to those scriptures that will be of great encouragement for your hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment